Hi, I’m Leslie from “Big Rich Texas” and I am going to show you how to make an adult baptism stylish.
It really is appropriate to have a baptism anywhere. I mean, you can have it in a beautiful lake, you could actually have it in a church. I mean, sometimes that’s more traditional. But I prefer a beautiful swimming pool. It’s a little bit more controlled, and it’s a little bit cleaner.
It is appropriate for the baptee to wear white because it’s a sense of purity. It is very common to actually wear your dress for the baptism. I prefer that because I think it’s very beautiful, and then afterwards you just need an after outfit because you don’t wanna walk around at the party soaking wet.
As the godmother I can wear something as long as it’s very classic and classy and tasteful. This is not the time to be boobalicious. Not at a baptism.
And because the cake is the centerpiece of the room, we’re gonna make it simple and tasteful and elegant and tasty too!
At any stylish event you also need to have a stylish ending. And we are going to release some beautiful doves. The doves represent purity, and a commitment to live a better life. And it’s just a perfect way to end a beautiful baptism.
And that’s all you need to know to make your baptism a little more stylish.
Yesterday this video was making all the rounds on the Blogosphere with much laughing and snickering at how inane it is.
Don’t get me wrong, I really want to be dismissive of it outright but this posture isn’t helpful for fruitful conversation. So let’s see if we can use this as a jumping off point to talk about baptism.
Here are some questions to get us started.
- Does wanting a “stylish Baptism” automatically detract from the sacredness of the Rite?
- Is Leslie wrong when she says, “It really is appropriate to have a baptism anywhere”?
- Is she correct in her understanding of why the person wears white?
- For full immersion baptisms, does her advice make sense? Is it helpful?
- What can you gather about her theology from this video?
- In general what are your thoughts on this video?